Ukraine Cycling Tours – Weekend in Carpathians
Is this trip for me?
Adventure Tours, Art and Crafts Tours
Cycling, Making crafts, Meeting locals
STARTING FROM €134 Euro
- Cycling along impressive Carpathian Mountains views
- Wooden architecture and wooden churches in Hutsul villages
- Tasting delicious home-made meals with a host family
- Visiting local artisans and learning more about traditional local crafts
- Visiting Museum of Traditional Hutsul Instruments in Verkhovyna
eventscalendarfield is not defined as a custom field.
Spend amazing weekend cycling along the stunning scenery of Carpathian Mountains and cozy Hutsul villages, full of intricate wooden architecture, colorful traditions and impressive handcrafts.
Stop by local artisans in Yavoriv village and learn more about traditional craft of making beautiful woolen blankets. Visit Museum of Hutsul musical instruments and enjoy the stories and performance of Carpathian virtuoso – Roman Kumlyk.
Stay overnight in a rural guesthouse and taste delicious Hutsul dishes. For a bit of a challenge, join your host family and try making your own Ukrainian dumplings.Enjoy this exciting cycling tour of Carpathian Mountains!
If you are interested in self-guided option of this tour, please, contact us for the details and pricing.
Day 1 - Crafts and Music (32 km)
Transfer to Carpathian Mountains, to the town of Kolomyia. From there, travel to the village Kosiv.
After delicious Carpathian lunch, cycle moderate 30 km on the tough Carpathian uphill to the village of Yavoriv. The village is famous for its traditions of making hand-woven woolen blankets. Visit one of the local artisans and enjoy their beautiful creations.
Continue cycling along Hutsul villages. Stop by museum of traditional rural lifestyle, and learn how Hutsuls used to live centuries ago. At the end of your trip visit Museum of Traditional Hutsul Musical instruments and enjoy the lively music from museum’s owner and the so-called Hutsul virtuoso.
Overnight in a family-owned guesthouse
Day 2 - Mountains and Rivers (60 km)
Today you will continue cycling towards the village of Vorokhta. You will pass through the heart of Carpathian mountains, and will be able to see Ukraine’s highest peak – Mt. Goverla – from a distance. Enjoy the challenging road and magnificent scenery.
After delicious lunch in Vorokhta, continue cycling towards Yaremcha town, famous for its local hand crafts bazaar.
Transfer to Ivano-Frankivsk. Leave Carpathian Mountains.
How you will make a difference
At Active Ukraine we travel responsibly and encourage others to do so as well! Check out how this particular trip is helping you make a difference and bring positive impact to Ukrainian community.
- Your guides are local and give you in-depth knowledge about Ukraine
- You stay in rural guesthouses and directly contribute to the well-being of local people
- You eat meals with local families and understand the real lives of Ukrainian people
- You interact with local people and get to know the real country
Where you will stay
You will stay in a family-owned guesthouse.
How you will get around
Pick up and Drop Off
Ivano-Frankivsk/Kolomyia Train station
Kolomyia -Kosmach - Kosiv - Yavoriv - Verkhovyna-Kolomyia
You will travel in an air-conditioned bus.
What's the price
Pricing per person
248 Euro (for a group of 2)
157 Euro (for a group of 4)
127 Euro (for a group of 6)
- Accommodation: 1 night in a family-owned guesthouse
- Meals: day 1 – lunch and dinner, day 2 – breakfast and lunch, water throughout the trip
- Transfers: bus transfer from Ivano-Frankivsk to starting point and back
- Guides: English-speaking cycling guide
- Activities: cycling, sightseeing
Price does not include:
- Air ticket to Ukraine
- Entrance tickets (approximately 10 EURO)
- Train ticket to Ivano-Frankivsk
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
Am I fit enough for the trip?