Off the Beaten Track Kiev City Tour
Is this trip for me?
Art and Crafts Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Making crafts, Meeting locals, Sightseeing
STARTING FROM €43
- Sightseeing city’s famous attractions: UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral, Khreshchatyk st., Independence Square, St. Andrew’s Descent and other less-known places
- Enjoy delicious home-made traditional lunch with a local family
- Understanding local way of life by traveling in the metro (optional) and interacting with local people
During one day you will have a unique chance to explore the local way of life, get away from the typical tourist routes, visit a local home and become a bit Ukrainian.
Your day will start with an introduction to city’s most well-known spots, such as UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral, Khreshchatyk st, Independence Square, historical Podil district, and a stroll down the St. Andrew’s Descent. Your tour will also take you to less touristy places. The tour route can be ajdusted based on your interests.
At the end of the tour you will join the daily life of locals, and travel by metro or taxi to your host family for delicious Ukrainian food: traditional meal of borshch, dumplings and other local delicacies.
Experience a different side of Kiev with this truly local Kiev city tour!
Meet with your guide at St. Sophia Cathedral. Take a three hour tour of city’s main attractions and lesser known spots, favorite among locals.Typical tour includes St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael's Cathedral, St. Andrew's Church and Andrew's Descent, Podol district, Volodymyrska Hill, Khreshchatyk and Independence Square, Mariyinsky Park, Park of Glory, Memorial to the Victims of Famine, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra Complex, Ivan Honchar Museum, Museum of Great Patriotic War.
Are you interested in culture, local cuisine, history, communist past or green areas in Kyiv? Our guide will adjust the tour to fit your interests.
Join a local family for a delicious home-made lunch: with borshch, dumplings and other Ukrainian delicacies
How you will make a difference
At Active Ukraine we travel responsibly and encourage others to do so as well! Check out how this particular trip is helping you make a difference and bring positive impact to Ukrainian community.
- You contribute to the economical well-being of local communities by having home-made meals
- Your guides are local and give you in-depth knowledge about Ukraine
- You interact with local people and get to know the real Ukraine
Where you will stay
Accommodation is not needed for this trip.
How you will get around
Pick up and Drop Off
Kyiv, St. Sophia Cathedral. Meeting point can be adjusted, depending on the group.
The tour is mainly walking. Whenever the transportation is needed, you will travel by taxi. If you'd like to experience local life, you can take metro and marshrutka bus with our guide.
What's the price
Pricing per person
77 EURO (for a group of 2)
52 EURO (for a group of 4)
43 EURO (for a group of 6)
- Home-made lunch
- English-speaking guide for the duration of the tour
- 3 hours walking guided tour, home-made lunch with a local family
Price does not include:
Entrance tickets (approximately 10 euros)
Am I fit enough for the trip?