Active Kiev City Break
Is this trip for me?
Adventure Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Cycling, Hiking, Sightseeing
STARTING FROM €216 Euro
- Sightsee Kyiv, the mother of Ukrainian cities, the modern yet ancient capital: golden-domes of St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Andrew’s Descent and its crafts market, city’s main Independence Square and Khreshchatyk street, beautiful Kyiv parks and majestic Dnieper River
- Experience the daily life of Ukrainian people - join local family for tasty dinner and a master class in traditional craft
- Spice up your tour with exciting outdoor adventure of your choice - cycling, hiking or canoeing
This short break will not only introduce you to the gems of Ukraine’s capital Kiev, but will take you beyond the typical tourist routes and add up some adrenaline with exciting outdoor adventures.
You’ll get to enjoy UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral and St. Andrew’s Descent, and explore some off-the-beaten track attractions as Sculpture Alley, among other famous city attractions.
You'll get to test your fitness with fun outdoor adventure to your taste: cycling in the forest, hiking in the National Park or canoeing the largest river of Ukrainian North.
Day 1 - Welcome to Kyiv
Pick-up and Welcome. Meeting with your Active Ukraine guide. Hotel check-in.
Take a guided tour along city's major landmarks and attractions. Visit the UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral with its beautiful frescoes; take a walk at St. Andrew’s Descent – street of writers and artists; learn more about the environmental challenges at National Chernobyl Museum, stroll along the main street Khreshchatyk, and sip delicious tea at the Orange Revolution famous Independence Square.
In the evening relax in the greenery of Kyiv Mariyinsky Park and enjoy the stunning views of majestic Dnieper River.
Overnight in a 3 star hotel
Day 2 - Kyiv Adventure
Today you will travel outside of the city and take one of the adventure activities of your choice: go cycling in Golosiyivsky Forest, hike in Mizhrichynsky National Park or go canoeing on Desna River.
Overnight at a 3 star hotel
Day 3 - Exploring the hidden treasures of Kyiv
Visit a local family and join them for a hearty Ukrainian lunch, with borshch and dumplings. Make your own Kyiv souvenir by participating in the master class in traditional craft (egg painting or doll making)
Free time to explore Kyiv.
Transfer to the airport. Farewell & departure
How you will make a difference
At Active Ukraine we travel responsibly and encourage others to do so as well! Check out how this particular trip is helping you make a difference and bring positive impact to Ukrainian community.
- Your guides are local and give you in-depth knowledge about Ukraine
- You contribute to the economical well-being of local communities by visiting rural areas
- You eat meals with local families and understand the real lives of Ukrainian people
- You interact with local people and get to know the real country
- You contribute to the environmental protection cause in Ukraine by visiting country’s conservation areas
Where you will stay
You will stay in 3* hotels. Other options are available as well.
How you will get around
Pick up and Drop Off
Kyiv - Golosiyivskyi Park/Mizhrichysnky National Park/Desna River - Kyiv
All transfers are by a comfortable and air-conditioned car.
What's the price
Pricing per person
399 Euro (for a group of 2)
293 Euro (for a group of 4)
242 Euro (for a group of 6)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in three-star hotel
- Meals: day 1 – none, day 2 – breakfast and lunchbox, day 3 - breakfast and lunch
- Point-to-point transfers and airport transfers
- Guides: English-speaking guide for Kyiv tour and Day 2 adventure trip, English-speaking guide for master class trip
- Activities: 4 hours walking guided tour in Kyiv, hiking/cycling/canoeing tour, lunch with a local family, master class in traditional egg-painting or doll making
Price does not include:
- Air ticket to Ukraine
- Entrance tickets (approximately 20 euros)
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
Am I fit enough for the trip?