KEY THINGS THAT YOU WILL SEE
- Sightseeing city’s famous attractions: UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral, Khreshchatyk st., Independence Square, St. Andrew’s Descent and other less-known places
- Delicious home-made traditional lunch with a local family
- Understanding local way of life by traveling in the metro (optional) and interacting with local people
- Making your own souvenir with a local artisan
During one day you will have a unique chance to explore the local way of life, get away from the typical tourist routes, visit a local home and become a bit Ukrainian.
Your day will start with an introduction to city’s most well-known spots, such as UNESCO-listed St. Sophia Cathedral, Khreshchatyk st, Independence Square, historical Podil district, and a stroll down the St. Andrew’s Descent. Your tour will also take you to less touristy places. The tour route can be ajdusted based on your interests.
After the city tour in Kiev join the daily life of locals, and travel by metro or taxi to your host family for delicious Ukrainian food: traditional meal of borshch, dumplings and other local delicacies.
After a glimpse of daily life, you’ll get the chance to have a master class in a traditional Ukrainian art of your choosing: Easter egg painting or doll making.
Experience a different side of Kiev with this truly local Kiev city tour!
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Active Ukraine we travel responsibly and encourage others to do so as well! Check out how this particular trip is helping you make a difference and bring positive impact to Ukrainian community.
- You contribute to the economical well-being of local communities by having home-made meals
- You promote local production by visiting city’s artisans and participating in their master class
- Your guides are local and give you in-depth knowledge about Ukraine
- You interact with local people and get to know the real Ukraine
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS TRIP
I love the lunch with local family, it's really special, and you can really see the real side of locals. And the food are good too. It was a very nice experience in Ukraine, thanks a lot!!
Check more photos on Our Photo Gallery
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO YOUR TRIP
DETAILED TRIP INFORMATION
Kindly provide us with all the relevant information, and we'd be glad to assist you in designing your most exciting adventure holiday!
Anything you want us to Tailor?
(e.g. Extend the duration, change accommodation style, add meals...etc)